Hello Iron Hill and “Save the Corner Cafe” Fans,
As you are all aware, we recently announced that we have signed a lease and intend to open in Huntingdon Valley, PA. We are extremely excited to be a part of Huntingdon Valley community but there seems to be some misinformation circulating regarding the site and Iron Hill in general and I would like to respond with facts.
- Iron Hill’s lease does not force any of the current tenants at the Huntingdon Valley Shopping Center to be moved, closed or evicted.
- Iron Hill’s lease has no restrictions on cafes or coffee shops such as Corner Café. We did ask for restrictions on other brewery/restaurants and gastropubs.
- Iron Hill is not going into the space occupied by Corner Café. We are occupying the space that was recently vacated by Rite Aid.
- Iron Hill is a restaurant with over 70% of our sales coming from food.
- Iron Hill is family friendly: Iron Hill was named “Best Kids Restaurant” and “Best Adventurous Restaurant for Kids” by Philadelphia Magazine, “Best Kid’s Menu” by Main Line Today Magazine and are continuously recognized as “Kid Friendly” on OpenTable.
- Iron Hill gives back to the community. Through Iron Hill’s Triple Chocolate Hill dessert program, each of our eleven locations raise money for local charities such as Weavers Way Community Program in Chestnut Hill and the Ardmore Food Pantry. The Triple Chocolate Hill program has also raised over $200,000 for our national charity, CureSeach for Children’s Cancer. We also help hyper local charities raise money through our Give 20 Local Fundraising Opportunity, which donated over $40,000 in 2014. Finally, Iron Hill has been recognized five times by the National Restaurant Association “Restaurant Neighbor Award” in Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Iron Hill is a locally owned company. All three founding members are still actively engaged in the business and live in Chester County, PA.
As a member of the Pennsylvania Restaurant and Lodging Association board of directors, I work hard to support Pennsylvania restaurants and the restaurant industry and would never jeopardize any other restaurateur’s business or livelihood.
We are truly excited about the opportunity to open Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant in Huntingdon Valley and hope to see you at our restaurant.
Thanks for your time.
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant